Sign in to follow this  
Miss Carol

Revert Mechanic Usable Skills while on Madogear [Suggestion]

Question

In recent updates in the past months, Mechanics while on Madogear can no longer use active skills from cards and equips (only auto-cast ones work).
Official behavior is that no non-Mechanic skills can be used while on Madogear. Meaning not even Whitesmith or Merchant skills can be used while on Madogear.
So it would defeat the purpose of making it official because Mechanics on Mado are already capable of using WS and Merch skills anyway and that's already unofficial
behavior. Weapon Perfection, Maximize Power, etc. can be used even when you're on Madogear.

Therefore the two options would be:

1.] Make it actually official, which means only Mecha skills are usable while on Madogear (no WS or Merch skills) but that would make playing Mechanic much less fun and
not a lot of people are even using it as it is. Even lesser now probably because of the update from months ago. This is the boring option lol

2.] Revert it back to before the update so that Mechanics can use all active skills that can be gained from cards and equips. The more fun option!
This is the Mecha behavior for the past 2 years, I think. There are no OP cards and equips that a Mechanic on Madogear can use anyways that will make it super hard to
beat. It just makes playing it more fun!
ūüôā

Please consider this suggestion! The 2nd option, thank you ‚̧ԳŹ

15 answers to this question

https://github.com/rathena/rathena/issues/3671

Here they were implementing new skills which are usable while in Madogear.
And seem to have fixed some bugs to get to the official behavior:

iroWiki

Note: Skills enabled by equipments, such as Heal from Vitata Card, can't be used. Skills that don't work on madogear users in general, such as Heal, Increase Agility and Adrenaline Rush, only work when being auto-cast with Equipments.

That means it's working as intended.

17 minutes ago, Miss Carol said:

1.] Make it actually official, which meanÔĽŅs only Mecha skills are usable while on Madogear (no WS or Merch skills) but that would make playing Mechanic much less fun and
not a lot of people are even using it as it is. Even lesser now probably because of the update from months ago. This is the boring option lol
ÔĽŅ
2.] Revert it back to before the update so that Mechanics can use all active skills that can be gained from cards and equips. The more fun option!
This is the Mecha behavior for the past 2 years, I think. There are no OP cards and equips that a Mechanic on Madogear can use anyways that will make it super hard to
beat. It just makes playing it more fun!

this 2 suggestion is good +1 to this

Hii!

Bump for this one! Please i'm skill card user with mechs (with mado gear) i think its reasonable due to the fact that it is very useful in farming.

I would love to see some answers about this thank you!

I'm not Miss Carol /swt

and Lol I'm a ranger and not truly active in-game. I only use my Mado to Self-destruct /heh

+1 for the suggestion though

Mecha in Mados never had such restrictions, being unable to use skills gained from cards, in the past years that I played

As for equips that grant skills.. there's lots of new equips now from new instances that I'm not familiar with so I don't know about skills granted from equips. But skills granted by cards, why not?

http://ragnarok.wikia.com/wiki/Skill_Enabling_Cards

This topic is very interesting, 

Firstly, We don't know a single reason why weapon perfection, maximize power, meltdown, etc can be use while in Mado, we cannot use any single skill from cards. Those buff is very useless update.........Honestly, In Mado state,  There were already god damn good skill to kill others and to defend our self from incoming attack.

so Its really appreciated, If GM want to explain why Mado can use those buff because its very unthinkable.

Actually, with those BUFF (weapon perfection, maximize power, meltdown) on Mado skill, i can go for double kill, triple kill or even penta kill, less then 5 second. In other words, GM just make this class very unbalance.(DON'T FORGET TO NERF ALL TRUE HOWARD,EREMES ETC and ALL NEW MVP CARD FROM NIGHTMARE BIOLAB. At least GM should try those first before applying it on server. OR is it just GM lazy to test it?)

So my suggestion for this, REVERT BACK IT TO NORMAL, when MADO CAN'T USE WEAPON PERFECTION, MAXIMIZE POWER,  MELT DOWN,or BUFF skill from second job and we can use any skill from cards.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for Miss Carol 

@Everade

19 hours ago, Everade said:

This has been reported to rAthena already.
It will be fixed with one of our next updates.

https://github.com/rathena/rathena/issues/3774

/? Ah so mechas in mados can use skills, gained from cards, again on the next update ?

Check the link ;)
Not sure if it's connected to item script triggered skills, but the report looks very similiar.

@Miss Carol
Based on which official sources are your information?

8 hours ago, Everade said:

Check the link ;)
Not sure if it's connected to item script triggered skills, but the report looks very similiar.

@Miss Carol
Based on which official sources are your information?

@Everade

Source came from mechanics¬†in the game¬†like my friend Janvierra. He noticed that up until around a month ago he can no longer use active skills (not autocast) from equips/cards like beÔĽŅfore if he's in a Madogear. This was the point of my suggestion,¬†to enable those in Madogear to be able to use skills from equips/cards¬†again please

I was able to find a more official source for the Whitesmith buffs, that before the update, can't be casted while in MadogeÔĽŅar but it's not kRO>>

https://irowiki.org/wiki/Madogear

Madogear¬†is a class of¬†ÔĽŅmagic-powered, armored suit that can only be worn by¬†mechanics. While wearing it, mechanics gain the ability to use madogear-exclusive skills, but lose the ability to use all non-mechanic skills.

But the Whitesmith buffs working or not working while on MadogÔĽŅear isn't my topic. My suggestion is to simply enable Mechanics to use skills from equips/cards while they're in Madogear, just like before¬†‚̧ԳŹ

Thanks for the attention!

21 hours ago, Everade said:

Check the link ;)

@Everade Not familiar with github and I clicked the rAthena Hash and have no clue what those codes meant. That's why I trusted an honest yes or no from you about it because you know way more than I do when it comes to those things. I wasn't criticizing.. I was just sincerely asking a direct question because I didn't know the technicalities behind the link :unsure:

18 hours ago, Everade said:

https://github.com/rathena/rathena/issues/3671

Here they were implementing new skills which are usable while in Madogear.
And seem to have fixed some bugs to get to the official behavior:

iroWiki

@Everade

I'm confused, my suggestion being approved? The thread derailed into talks about whitesmith buffs in madogear. My suggestion is,  just make mechanics in madogear able to use  skills from equipment or cards. It's that beeing accepted or?

On 1/6/2019 at 1:00 AM, Miss Carol said:

@Everade

I'm confused, my suggestion being approved? The thread derailed into talks about whitesmith buffs in madogear. My suggestion is,  just make mechanics in madogear able to use  skills from equipment or cards. It's that beeing accepted or?

I think @Everade just indirectly approved Theo's suggestion about those biolabs things after Gacha posted such suggestion /heh /heh

Yea, the answers are unclear. He appears to be saying yes to buffs while in madogear, which isn't the suggestion, but not directly about card gained skills while in madogear, which is the suggestion /hmm ...... like, huh? Which is which? XD

On 1/6/2019 at 1:00 AM, Miss Carol said:

@Everade

Lol at this point.. Safe to say this suggestion is a dud XD