Sign in to follow this  
Gacha

True Monster Cards Balancing

Question

Hello

I'm having thoughts about the new cards that just released recently [click for True details]

Soo... for my first impression: just like the Old Headgears that already released on Hunter Shop months ago -these new cards are really nice and helpful in PvM life!! BUT when they're used at PvP environment, it might give discomforts for the victims of those cards user /swt3

Example?

reg-howard.png

4688.png?nocache=619520474 True Howard Alt-Eisen card

Spoiler

Just incase one is wondering about the card effect, open spoiler below

Spoiler

True Howard Alt-Eisen Card 

Class: Card
Compounds On: Weapon
Weight: 1
Increases the damage of Axe Tornado by 20%.
Increases the damage of Axe Tornado by an additional 20% when compounded to a level 4 weapon.
If upgrade level is +10 or higher,
Increases the damage of Axe Tornado by an additional 20%.
Set Bonus
Mechanic Howard Card
True Howard Alt-Eisen Card
Adds a 3% chance of buffing the user for 6 seconds when performing a physical attack; Atk + 100.

source: Tomb of Honor - Update Hub

Well-geared Mechanic with Emperium gears vs Doram with 40% demi-human Resist Gacha067.png.fdedbaa704d2252d53e69e9071983ae0.png 

Gacha068.png.898de8411c408f11b846a9a5b2db4591.png Mechanic without BG/Emp gears vs Royal Guard with 30% demi-human resist

FYI about Axe Tornado.png Axe Tornado:

The total damage is inflicted in one bundle of 6 hits

So, it deals around 54,000+ damage per skill in the first picture

and, around 38,400+ damage per skill in the second picture 

and here's another cool example

reg-eremes.png

4684.png True Eremes Guile card

Spoiler

card effects?

Spoiler

True Eremes Guile Card 

Class: Card
Compounds On: Weapon
Weight: 1
Increases the damage of Cross Impact by 20%.
Increases the damage of Cross Impact by an additional 20% when compounded to a level 4 weapon.
If upgrade level is +10 or higher,
Increases the damage of Cross Impact by an additional 20%.
Set Bonus
Guillotine Cross Eremes Card
True Eremes Guile Card
Adds a 3% chance of buffing the user for 6 seconds when performing a physical attack; Atk + 100.

source: Tomb of Honor - Update Hub

Gacha069.png.53879a3365a49ed35a3caeda6ee2c870.png

Guillotine Cross without PvP gears vs Royal Guard with 30% demi-human resist

FYI about Cross Impact.png Cross Impact:

The total damage is inflicted in one bundle of 7 hits

So, it deals around 217,000+ damage per skill in the picture 

with Enchant Poison + Venom Impress + Enchant Deadly Poison

There are still other nice cards for example too, but

here are the things about it:

• Tests were done without 4399.png?nocache=270909730Memory of Thanatos card
  • Target with 1m+ HP died in less than 3 seconds when the attacker wore 2x 4399.png?nocache=270909730Kiel-D-01 card
  • Additional data for comparison: Around 37,200+ Axe Tornado.png Axe Tornado damage,
    Similar build with Well-geared Mechanic with Emperium gears one, and switched the 4688.png?nocache=619520474True Howard Alt-Eisen card with the 4399.png?nocache=270909730Memory of Thanatos card 
    So it's around 54,000+ with 4688.png?nocache=619520474Howard and 37,200+ with 4688.png?nocache=619520474Thanatos -with similar gears, the only difference in weapon cards
  • Damage can be boosted further if added Battlegrounds/Emperium gears
  • The cards are mostly very helpful in dealing more damage with less MVP cards, which is good for hunting purpose, and more newbie friendly than the 4399.png?nocache=270909730 Memory of Thanatos card, for example

The problem that I'm pointing at:

• If balancing attempt applied to the card effects (i.e.: reducing the damage bonus), PvM life will receive major loss.
    Why? The cards are as good as Old Headgears (i.e.: 4399.png?nocache=270909730 True Cecil Damon Card + 18984.png?nocache=736255632 Old Camouflage Rabbit Hood, they completed each other for Cluster Bomb bonus. But if the card effect got reduced for PvP balancing purposes, it would be like pretty much useless in PvM) 

In the end, here is my thought related to the things above:

The first thing that came into my mind was:

Would it be possible if the card effects applied only outside PvP just like the old Camouflage Rabbit Hood, for example. And being added like halved effect that works on PvP, or any proper amounts of effect that might be more balanced for PvP environment

That's it, hope the thoughts can be used for consideration in balancing attempts

Thank you /gawi

12 answers to this question

These cards were already being discussed within the gm team and are already prepared and ready for the next patch.
The prepared changes are global changes, and not based on PvP pr PvE.

But we can take another look at it.

Theo, you shouldn't have started with "finally someone notices this" if you were actually involved in the reporting process. It gives the impression that you were too lazy to report it yourself.

On topic, I would have thought at least Khai has the experience and PVP know-how to prevent an imbalanced release of these cards, unless he was not aware that they would be released?

5 hours ago, theomarsmellow said:

Finally someone notice this,

ABSOLUTELY  AGREEEEE!, THIS ONE SHOULD BE MAIN CONCERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Actually i am WOE player, and i find it to over powered if its applied on woe, so just nerf it when it comes to woe time or on PVP,

Yea it's always easier to cry about it later down the road rather than reporting it personally.

Screaming *Main Concern* but not worth a minute to report it. My favourite kind of humans.

1 hour ago, Everade said:

These cards were already being discussed within the gm team and are already prepared and ready for the next patch.
The prepared changes are global changes, and not based on PvP pr PvE.

But we can take another look at it.

wow okay thank you, will be looking forward to it

16 minutes ago, theomarsmellow said:

Honestly, I and Gacha, already talk about it before, test it and he take the lead to report it. Btw the mecha on that picture is me, So if u talk about reporting personally, Well, its not. So, Please think before you speak bro.And check the updates before you applied it on server. Thank you in advance

pat pat, it's ok, been handled already for the issues. Let's wait for the next patch about it /ok

+1 agree 100%

nerf this = PvM died, enugh with just Elvira / Dwigh 

at least do as gacha said if want nerf only usable outside PvP  

i know many of you ppl prefer PvP but me more of PvM guy so dont do that

5 hours ago, theomarsmellow said:

Actually i am WOE player, and i find it to over powered if its applied on woe, so just nerf it when it comes to woe time or on PVP,

Yea finally no more barging into other threads and inserting biolabs into the conversation /heh /heh /heh

24 minutes ago, Everade said:

Yea it's always easier to cry about it later down the road rather than reporting it personally.

Screaming *Main Concern* but not worth a minute to report it. My favourite kind of humans.

But.. but.. someone brought up something in a thread just yesterday and you said it was a good idea and that you'll implement it on the next update. He didn't have to post a suggestion or a report and just mentioned it in passing. I guess people think that as long as you see it, that it's fine already /meh

1 hour ago, theomarsmellow said:

Honestly, I and Gacha, already talk about it before, test it and he take the lead to report it. Btw the mecha on that picture is me, So if u talk about reporting personally, Well, its not. So, Please think before you speak bro.And check the updates before you applied it on server. Thank you in advance

thank you for giving some tests, and report it here. personally, I really appreciate it. but next time, kindly avoid using big-bold-uppercase fonts, because its often considered as yelling - not only for moderators or GM, but also for everyone who read it. /no1

On 1/7/2019 at 8:44 PM, Everade said:

Spoiler

Slowly rub salt to burned area.

20 minutes ago, Everade said: