ll Phoenix ll

World Boss Equipment Drops

Question

Hi i would like to share my thoughts about the equipment drops on the World Bosses. Esp. on Belphe and Werewolf i find it difficult to get the Speed Orbs on Werewolf on WW also the Mad Bunny. But on KP is alright since the equipment there which is the Royal (Mid Gear).

I'm not stating this for my own gain like its just that it bugs me that the equipments on the other bosses are untradable other than the one on KP. So i would like to suggest that can those equipment be tradable too? So newbie people have access to those gears? I mean getting an Egg takes like 2 to 3 months to get tops with decent damage and gear. I hope its not too much and i hope you guys hear out my cry 😂.

Some friends was stating those we're easy to get but i have been playing for months still no 😂

Thank you for listening. I'm stating this for all traders or newbies or players in game to have substitute for their gears.

I know the downside is no more thrill in hunting World Bosses but there still the Egg/Ebf/Obsi. I really hope this reach out to you guys :) once again thank you :)

7 answers to this question

The economy already has thousands of items available.
The purpose of the account binding is to make World Bosses more attractive, which brings more activity to them.

Taking the restriction away would lead to empty fields sooner or later.

Just like D e M o N mentioned already.

We have no plans on changing this. /no1

The main reason why the player amount dropped on WB is due the decreasing number of players overall.
So i wouldn't count on that argument ^^

Players may be interested to get certain gear more than just once, either to use it on multiple characters, or for refining purposes.
That's up to the player to decide. It's not like gear is the only thing WB drops...

We might not be the best example, but with a lot of players, the market can become flooded over time, even with rare gear. That's the nature of infinite ressources in any MMORPG (monsters are printing money all day long, and no one pays for it)
There's always the point were its low drop rate doesn't hold much on value anymore because the market is oversaturated.

With a soul or account bound system, new players will have the exact same experience to hunt for rare gear just like any player from 10 years ago.

That means that this specific content can be played as it has been initialy designed for. (in this particular case a certain amount of player is required which join the event, but that's just in this particular world boss case)

While with an open market, all the systems in place we've been working on become basically pointless because it's rarity is no longer valuable after a certain amount of time. Why should you hunt on a daily basis if you can get it from the market way faster after a few boring gold farming hours instead.
Humans always take the easy route.

It's not about *consumer* and especially not about a *sellers* perspective.
It's about longevity.

There's a market (with thousands of items) which the players love to ignore.
And there's a small portion of content which is not meant to be on the market, which the players are always craving for.

I hope you get the idea.

Thanks for reading ^^

I absolutely understand your point of view.
Your statements are absolutely right.

But i hope my words helped you to understand the whole picture. /no1

@D e M o N i can see that thats why i included it. Because it would have a place in the economy and thats the point. But the reason you are doing the WBE is about the eggs right? and the ebfs? The equipment are just subsititute to the ones you can get in shop and quest. So i think it would be a better shot since you already got a mad bunny going on the WB shop with different stats. Add up to that the KP Royal Mid Gear is already tradable why not give the newbies a profitable run on WB?

Also you're going to add up that most of the items in WB Shop are tradable but yeah i can see that. But no one really buys the other versions on shop right?

Yes this topic has a lot of downsides but you can see that it might help the newbie players or started players to get pumped up for the items they want to get so they'll do WBE and hunt at the same time right? So does that make a good economy for sellers and buyers? Yes.

I do understand where are you getting at but atleast consider this and think more about it :) cause im suggesting for all :)

2 hours ago, Everade said:

The purpose of the account binding is to make World Bosses more attractive, which brings more activity to them.

Taking the restriction away would lead to empty fields sooner or later.

I know it's not going to be changed but let me present another point of view about trading items..

That may be your way of thinking, but there's another way to look at incentives. For those that go to WB just to get a Mad Bunny or Shadow Gears, after they get it, they no longer have a big incentive to go right? That would be a consumer's way of thinking. But what if the incentive of reselling is what appeals to you? Different way of thinking. A seller's way of thinking. You'd want to go back there to get items to resell. That's what MVP hunters do. They don't stop once they get the card for themselves. They continue to get more cards so they can sell it. Why would someone camp Tao repeatedly if the card was going to be account bound? That way of thinking can also apply to WB drops or other account bound things. I know MVP cards are tradable just like Belphe/WW/KP card but that was only an example.

Imagine if there was a big demand for Mad Bunny. Those with a mindset of an MVP hunter are going to continue to go to WB even if they already have their own WB drops, so they can sell or trade it for something they want.

The only tradable items from Belphe and Werewolf, aside from the card are lower end things like Father White Moustache. Whether you have a mindset of a consumer or a seller, you won't have an incentive to go back, once you have what you want, if they're account bound (aside from camraderie). If they weren't, then those with a mindset of a seller will go back to collect more drops. The only exception is the Belphe/WW card but the demand for those are far lower than the likes of other MVP cards like LK or Thana or GRB.

Myself, there's still the incentive in gaining emp frags in order to sell the tradable costumes in WoE core.

As for the participation in WB and BG, both that have account bound rewards... Since I've came back from an 8 month hiatus, numbers have dwindled greatly. There's only 6 or 7 participants on average per WB and rarely anyone goes to BG regularly. Back then, there was at least double the numbers for WB, 13 to 16 people average. There may be a correlation there, but I don't know for certain.

Just presenting an argument for food for thought 😜

12 hours ago, Everade said:

The main reason why the player amount dropped on WB is due the decreasing number of players overall.
So i wouldn't count on that argument ^^

Players may be interested to get certain gear more than just once, either to use it on multiple characters, or for refining purposes.
That's up to the player to decide. It's not like gear is the only thing WB drops...

We might not be the best example, but with a lot of players, the market can becomes flooded over time, even with rare gear. That's the nature of infinite ressources in any MMORPG (monsters are printing money all day long, and no one pays for it)
There's always the point were it's low drop rate doesn't hold much on value anymore because the market is oversaturated.

With a soul or account bound system, new players will have the exact same experience to hunt for rare gear just like any player from 10 years ago.

That means that this specific content can be played as it has been initialy designed for. (in this particular case a certain amount of player is required which join the event, but that's just in this particular world boss case)

While with an open market, all the systems in place we've been working on become basically pointless because it's rarity is no longer valuable after a certain amount of time. Why should you hunt on a daily basis if you can get it from the market way faster after a few boring gold farming hours instead.
Humans always take the easy route.

It's not about *consumer* and especially not about a *sellers* perspective.
It's about longevity.

There's a market (with thousands of items) which the players love to ignore.
And there's a small portion of content which is not meant to be on the market, which the players are always craving for.

I hope you get the idea.

Oh! I haven't thought about it in that way before. Looks like I've also learned a new perspective of things. Thank you for discussing it back and forth with me /thx