Gacha

Critical Bonus for Sharp Shooting

Question

Hello

Regarding to the updates of December 4th 2018 [ December Update thread ], the Focused Arrow Strike.png Sharp Shooting/Focused Arrow Strike skill wasn't working as it's supposed to be until now

I'm referring to this line of the thread:

On 12/4/2018 at 11:49 PM, Everade said:

Corrected Critical Bonuses
  Critical bonuses bCritAtkRate and bCriticalLong should not be applying to skills.

I think that might be the cause

I ran several tests for it, here's the result:

Spoiler

Test #1

Gacha070.png.3b90308be92341d72ed1f32e741011e8.png

Damage Result: 92,267

Test#2

Gacha071.png.ff39def8ea254af533354d81e0d4a54a.png

Damage Result: 89,607

More Details:

• the Ranger has 200 LUK
  • Test#1: without 22005.pngTemporal LUK Boots
  • Test#2: with 22005.png+4 Temporal LUK Boots [1] with 4866.png?nocache=222146341Fatal 4Lv (that makes +42% Critical Damage bonus)

Another additional thought that I can add is this:

According to our Wiki, "Offensive skills do not take CRIT into account except for a few exceptions like Focused Arrow Strike." [source]

That's it, for the report

Thank you /gawi

5 answers to this question

• bonus bCritAtkRate works only for basic attacks (making KVM bow and The Paper Card very strong when Sharpshooting, when they shouldn't be!)
  • bonus bCriticalLong on ammo and cards will behave just as bCritAtkRate - only boosting crit rate for basic attacks, but not for the 3? skills that critical strike.
  • bonus2 bCriticalAddRace works for skills and normal attacks! (this is OK!!! I only listed it to compare because of its oddity!)

Bug Report https://github.com/rathena/rathena/issues/3501

Bug Fix https://github.com/rathena/rathena/pull/3506

The skill itself should not be directly affected.

But items using the mentioned bonuses above will no longer accumulate to the damage of Sharp Shooting.

Sidenote:

At the current custom skill state, sharp shooting has a damage multiplier of roughly 750% compared to its original damage.

6 hours ago, Everade said:

Bug Report https://github.com/rathena/rathena/issues/3501

Bug Fix https://github.com/rathena/rathena/pull/3506

The skill itself should not be directly affected.

But items using the mentioned bonuses above will no longer accumulate to the damage of Sharp Shooting.

Sidenote:

At the current custom skill state, sharp shooting has a damage multiplier of roughly 750% compared to its original damage.

/omg

750% compared to its original damage..

hmm, I see.. I understand now, thank you for the information

How about adjusting it further until it reaches damage at least as high as (raw)Arrow Storm(without multipliers)?

I'm not sure about the damage formula of each skills. But I tried with only a single Crimson Bow [2] the result were like:

Arrow Storm (~59,000) > Sharp Shooting (~39,000)

Sharp Shooting = Aimed Bolt (almost similar)

Here's what I've been thinking about it:

• Sharp Shooting has longer after cast delay compared with Aimed Bolt which is more spam-able through certain build
  • Me, personally, used Sharp Shooting for fighting high-flee enemies like dying-Timeholder, Naght Sieger, first-form of Morocc Necromancer, Red Faceworm Queen, etc. The first two mentioned are the most helpful part of Sharp Shooting in my Ranger's life

So, the idea is like if adding more damage for it might be helpful while we're against high-flee monsters. And that's it about my thoughts, thank you~

This is making it difficult for players. Players spend time and zeny to build their

equipment sets and once they complete it, test it, it is no longer effective after some time.

All effort, time, and zeny, etc are wasted. And you are left with expensive items that do not work with your build.

It makes me wonder, what other skills are not working correctly or in a way not intended by the developers?