Sign in to follow this  
Gale Windscar

Werewolf Card Rework

Question

So, due to the last nerf to Werewolf Card, it lost it's niche and is now overshadowed by Sealed Tao Gunka and Paladin Card as a cheaper alternative to Tao Gunka.

I believe this calls upon a rework of its effect.

One good suggestion that was raised in another thread was HP/SP leech.

Another effect I could think of is HP/SP regen per second as the leech effect does not apply to magic users.

Or we can just have a semblance of the original effect that revolved around long range damage - I forgot if it was reduction or reflect.

If anyone thinks of better effects, let's discuss it.

Hoping for this to be considered.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

World Boss cards were not designed to overshadow other boss cards either.

Their original purpose was to offer a nice card for newer players which is easier to get compared to normal boss cards.  (due being able to fight the boss without it being stolen by stronger players)
The fact that basically an unlimited amount of players can farm them also increases the drop rate exponentially which should offer an actual higher *real* drop rate than other boss cards as well.

I think incorporating an element that Werewolf itself has is a good idea. So when you think about it, he has Auto Guard, can reflect magic, and uses Axe Tornado a lot. Maybe add one of those in addition to a max health increase? Like x% HP (probably less than 50), randomly autocast Axe Tornado? Or x% HP, x% chance to reflect magic damage back at caster? Could be interesting.

Alternatively, maybe make it an offensively focused card, like a large increase in atk with some penalty to perhaps atkspd or even movement speed? Lot of freedom here, we would need to first narrow down whether we want an offensive or defensive card!

12 hours ago, AceWindstorm said:

I think incorporating an element that Werewolf itself has is a good idea. So when you think about it, he has Auto Guard, can reflect magic, and uses Axe Tornado a lot. Maybe add one of those in addition to a max health increase? Like x% HP (probably less than 50), randomly autocast Axe Tornado? Or x% HP, x% chance to reflect magic damage back at caster? Could be interesting.

Alternatively, maybe make it an offensively focused card, like a large increase in atk with some penalty to perhaps atkspd or even movement speed? Lot of freedom here, we would need to first narrow down whether we want an offensive or defensive card!

I don't like the idea of having a reflect magic effect on an armor card along with an hp boost, that would be overpowered.

I do however like the sound of an offensive card - something in the lines of Atk, ASPD, MSPD, HP/SP Leech, Regeneration.

17 hours ago, Gale Windscar said:

I do however like the sound of an offensive card - something in the lines of Atk, ASPD, MSPD, HP/SP Leech, Regeneration.

I think I have some good ideas!

Before saying anything more though, let me be clear here. These aren't meant as final versions because first, I don't PvP (bad time for me on gRO and I never have before), and second its better to work from your limits backwards when balancing because that way you can be creative first and then tune downwards to do some awesome stuff /no1

1. Why not make it ignore a % (or even all?) defense? It could be an interesting alternative to Thana for those who really want to free up a weapon card slot and who feel like they can sacrifice their bodygear slot. Kinda encourages a "glass cannon" effect.

2. Give it some static buff, say atk (% or flat), and a transformation effect! Turn into werewolf and gain movespeed + some other offensive effect. Perhaps movespeed and some leech? If that feels too weak, maybe adding in some additional atk on transform could make it feel more worthy of a worldboss card!

3. Make it a really big leech effect. Something like 25% to absorb 10% as hp/sp. This one would probably require the most nuance to balance, as that could be really really op. Also, probably the least flashy.

4. Have a large % of atkspd and some movespeed! Maybe it could enable some wacky low agi builds that still hit 193 or something crazy.

At the end of the day, the effect doesn't necessarily have to be "good" (in my mind) as long it is pretty unique and interesting. Some of these up front are going to be more appealing than others, because virtually everyone benefits from atk/movespeed/leech.