AceWindstorm

Bio5 Pacing and some Misc. Feedback

Question

Bio5

It seems like Bio5 is tortuously slow, at least in my personal opinion. With Cursed Fragment drop rates (and everything else as well) being sub-5% and the mobs being pretty tanky, either the amount to enchant an old headgear or the drop rate should change.

To be clear :

1. Creating the old headgear seems to be at a pretty fine pace. Energy Debris aren't that hard to get from bio3 weapon drops.
2. Initial enchantments also seem to be ok. It takes some time to get the necessary Cursed Fragments and the 2nd slot enchant is very powerful so it should take a little time to reroll.
3. The amount of fragments is 10 (x3 for the first three initial enchantments), then 20/40/50/70/100/150/250/500/1000. This is actually insane, even if you were to get the god roll and succeed every time, it would take forever to accumulate so many. Not to mention, should you fail it downgrades by 1. For reference, the chances of success are something along the lines of 80/80/70/60/50/40/20/20/20. I know the ceiling is 80 and the floor is 20, but the in between numbers I may not be remembering correctly.

Its just an absolutely miserable slugfest to grind for these. In my experience, doing it with a relatively geared out Ranger, im still almost entirely relegated to taking on mobs 1 by 1.

In general, they are all manageable on their own, but quite literally all of the magic that Catherine/Celia possess and Seyren/Howards Earthquake is just instant death, mostly because I don't have a GTB shield to swap to. Even with that though, its seemingly impossible to mob as they just won't die quick enough because they all have varying elemental weaknesses.

On top of this "forced" slow pace, even with a FCPd tank to mob things up a lil bit it would still be slow because you would probably be splitting the fragments. Also with a Ranger as a partner things are still slow partially because of my next gripe.

Sharpshoot

Why exactly does Sharpshooting have a cooldown? Was this a balance change? It feels absolutely awful to use at high aftercast reduction because of it. If I remember correctly, some bugs were fixed and changes made in order to reduce Sharpshootings critical bonus and therefore reduce its damage, and having a delay on top of that seems overkill. It is the only reliable way for a lets call it "versatile" (not full crit) Ranger to kill/hit enemies that have AgiUP (insane flee rate increase, might not be the correct ability) which many MVPs have including mobs in Bio5.

If there was an argument made that Sharpshoot was just replacing the 3rd Job Skill Aimed Bolt for ability based dps, I would argue heavily against that because with the right support Aimed Bolt will outdamage Sharpshoot every time due its multihit mechanic. Even moreso on Large enemies.

I guess thats about it for now /no1

4 answers to this question

On 6/4/2019 at 1:26 PM, AceWindstorm said:

GX

The GX skill Poisoning Weapon is supposed to last 5 minutes, but it only lasts one.

image.png.1672eaf06e78cb521859f15082895906.png

image.png.4fc78f2b769fc98f9a0ea9d34422dd6a.png

Additionally, it is very difficult to tell if an enemy has been poisoned or not, particularly when doing Geffen Magic Tournament it doesnt appear as though the enemies are poisoned at least by the Magic Mushroom poison as they do not use the /heh emote. The other effects can be a little hard to notice when hitting an enemy but the /heh should be pretty clear.

I believe the duration reduction was done for balancing.

GX poisons do not always work on GMT monsters as some of them have boss protocol.

On 6/4/2019 at 1:26 PM, AceWindstorm said:

Warlock

It appears as though there is a mistake or purposeful custom choice with the effect of Reading Spell Book/Release. I believe the skill is supposed to remove the aftercast delay and cooldown of the Released spell in order for Release to have a use. If using Release has legitimately no benefits as it directly mimics the cooldown AND aftercast delay of a given ability whats the point of it? Its the exact same thing as casting the spell itself. Seems very odd and kinda crippling for the class in some ways.

Thats it for now /thx

If you use the actual skill first, then use the released version of that same skill, it should work.

For example:

Comet.png Comet > Release.png Release (Comet)

You will be able to re-cast Comet without having to wait for cooldown.

Adding in a little bit more here... some of these may also be considered bugs! If I need to also report them in the bug section just let me know :)

Ninja

It appears as though there is at least one piece of gear missing from the Rockridge update. The Hundred Leaf Huuma Shuriken [2] (aka Huuma Shuriken of Dancing Petals[2]) appears to be unimplemented. 

image.thumb.png.06afc87e33e0b15d1cf132fd1b30401e.png

I am not exactly sure what it is supposed to be on, but I think it may be a monster drop in the area, considering that all the mobs seem to drop only cards or misc items which is pretty strange because if im not mistaken there are several Rebellion related things from here as well. Haven't looked into that though!

GX

The GX skill Poisoning Weapon is supposed to last 5 minutes, but it only lasts one.

image.png.1672eaf06e78cb521859f15082895906.png

image.png.4fc78f2b769fc98f9a0ea9d34422dd6a.png

Additionally, it is very difficult to tell if an enemy has been poisoned or not, particularly when doing Geffen Magic Tournament it doesnt appear as though the enemies are poisoned at least by the Magic Mushroom poison as they do not use the /heh emote. The other effects can be a little hard to notice when hitting an enemy but the /heh should be pretty clear.

Warlock

It appears as though there is a mistake or purposeful custom choice with the effect of Reading Spell Book/Release. I believe the skill is supposed to remove the aftercast delay and cooldown of the Released spell in order for Release to have a use. If using Release has legitimately no benefits as it directly mimics the cooldown AND aftercast delay of a given ability whats the point of it? Its the exact same thing as casting the spell itself. Seems very odd and kinda crippling for the class in some ways.

Thats it for now /thx