Everade

Summer Fishing Event

Fishing Summer Event

Summer has arrived in Rune-Midgard, and what better way to beat the heat than by heading down to the water for some good ol' fashioned fishin' fun? The waters all across the land are absolutely rippling with aquatic activity, so what are you waiting for? Grab your fishing rod and let's go!

Wait!
You don't have a fishing rod?!
We'll have to fix that real quick!

How to Start

Head on over to Althea, by the pond, and talk to the Giant Spirit Aegir.
If you give him the money he needs, he'll fix you up a rod of your choice, including some bait.
If you bring him enough big fish, he can even offer you his personal gear!
Fishing Summer Event

Pro Tip: Higher quality rods will make it easier for you to catch different variants of fish and goodies, so it's good to have some variety!

You may be able to unlock even better rods if you get lucky. Talk to Aegir to get further details, tips & tricks on how to go around with your fishing equipment. One of the 2 highest tier rods is available in our token shop.

Fishing Spots

Equip your fishing rod and fish your way around Rune-Midgard!
There are fishing spots all over the world, all labelled as Fishing Spot.
Once you see ripples in the water, click on it to start fishin'! Choose your rod, your bait, and cast away!

Fishing Summer Event

Pro Tip: Enable sound effects to find fishing spots easier. It also helps you additionaly for faster reaction speeds.
It is also recommended to switch your fishing areas after an extensive fishing session, as the fish population may decrease and needs to replenish.
Towns which are close together may share a total population with each other.

Lure & Bait

As mentioned above, you can obtain rods from Aegir, but he also sells some basic lure and living bait.
Based on your choice, the lure/bait may increase your chances of catching Rare Fish by increasing your initial reaction and fight time.

You can certainly fish with the basic lure and rods only, but it won't be easy to catch anything rare that way!
Certain caught fishes may be perfect as a new and bigger bait, which will further help you to catch something even bigger.
Fishing BaitFishing BaitFishing BaitFishing BaitFishing LureFishing Bait

Pro Tip: Take a look at what exactly you're catching, it may be worth more than what you might think.
You never know what you're going to catch, but using better lure and bait will help you to succeed.

Fishes/Sea Animals

There's a huge variety of fishes, trash and other shiny things which you may encounter. But be careful... monsters might be hungry for some more than just a little bait. Some fishes, monsters or loot might be more rare depending on your fishing area. For instance a fishing spot within a dungeon might have a higher chance for a boss monster to appear than if you're fishing in a town. Follow your natural instincts!

Rare FishRare FishRare FishRare FishRare FishRare Fish
Pro Tip: Some fish might steal your basic rods and bait even though you might have been successful.
Others might have been eating some precious treasure for you take out of them.

Rewards

There's also a big variety of rewards which you can get your slippery hands on.
As mentioned already, Aegir exchanges big fish for his personal gear.

His wife, Ran the Water Spirit is seeking for her lost daughters.
She's claiming that they might appear as weird looking fishes to you.
Catch them and she may greatly reward you with Blue Sea Eggs from the cash shop.
The sea is also full with treasures for you to find, so keep on fishin'!

Fishing Summer Event

Pro Tip: Ran may reward you with an additional Exotic Exclusive if you can help her to return all of her 9 daughters!

"Grant me the serenity to accept the size of the fish i catch, the courage not to lie about it, and the wisdom to know that none of my fishing buddies would believe me anway."

Fishing Screenshots

Share your fishing experience with us!
The 3 most innovative ingame fishing screenshots will be rewarded with some extra Blue Sea Eggs!
Don't forget to tell us your ingame character name and show us your favourite fishing spot.

Get creative, and tell us your story with an image ~
[ Submit your entry ]

Summer Event Cash Shop Update
Our cash shop has been updated with several new summer themed costumes as time limited exclusives!
Most of these costumes can also be inside the new Blue Sea Egg, and more.
The Blue Sea Egg is currently available in the cash shop, but can also be obtained by helping Ran during the summer fishing event.
Summer Costume Preview
Summer Costume Preview

Great event!!!, that I thought when I saw it... then I spent my money on the fishing rod,
 and I spent a while, and I spent some time, and then I thought,

I COULD NOT HAVE HAD ANOTHER BORING EVENT OCCURRED ? 
is seriously? 

Be 4 hours sitting on the lake, holding eggs! 
Disappointing for the other time, better do not do anything.

the imagination is over

Hey Litimberg.
I'm sorry to hear that.

Please note that fishing in itself is something that requires patience and isn't supposed to be anything compared to a super action movie.

Our fishing system however has been designed for you to at least have a lot of variety, as well as having some skill to catch anything at all.

There are really a lot of different things that you can catch, and overall it comes with great rewards.
For example an event exclusive Boss Monster, weird fishes which are supposed to be funny or something as big as a whale.

It is also important to know that our *Pro Tips* from our news, as well as the tips given by the Giant Aegir (ingame) shall help you to understand the depth of fishing in gRO.

Sitting 4 hours straight at the Althea lake is most likely the worst thing you can do.

1. Cities have the most amount of junk, so it's harder to catch something amazing unless you want some gear. Fields for instance are cleaner with less junk while dungeons have the most amount of monsters to come out from.
2. There's a limited amount of good things to take out of it before it needs to replenish, so switching to far away locations might be a good idea after a longer fishing session. (globally shared between players)
3. Fishing alone in real life also isn't the most exciting thing on the world, so get some friends to have a chit chat while fishing, it can be really exciting if you catch onto something rare.

There are many more tips which can help you to understand the system and have some more fun out there in the wild.