Miss Carol

Increase adoramus damage

Question

Some updates before, Adoramus was a very usefull skill which makes people play AB, and then it turned into a AoE skill with a such low damage.

Damage with Lex Aeterna(double damage) + Oratio(resistance -20%).

image.thumb.png.6a1d1ec83f6096e598c6d54f915107f5.png

Since the old mitra enchant gives 12% matk

image.png.96f7c864c6f4909ba95444f7b6ec95e6.png

and the Judgement set 200% adoramus damage + True Margaretha 60%(i was using only 20%). Don't forget, u need the judgement set to deal a acceptable damage on adoramus(this waste much stuffs like defense, cast etc).

you don't think this pretty useless? /swt3

I have two sugestions:

• Increase base adoramus damage(turning not Aoe or keep AoE, doesn't matters).
  • Put on the old mitra adoramus damage increase(since experienced AB go to judex build, it turn adoramus useless).

image.png.6241cc3fecef2621183d25bb9b3e723a.png

• Thanks by the attention! /no1

3 answers to this question

We've already been doing several adjustements to the skill last year and then again back in january.
Please note that the purpose of the skill has shifted just as you mention in your post.

It is now an AoE skill, thus it needs to be considered that testing on a single target won't come close to the results you might have been experiencing in the past.
The skill still has its purpose especialy in specific PvE situations.

I'll take a closer look at it during the next skill rebalancing sessions.

I think this is probably a good idea, somewhere between 30-35% damage increase overall seems like adoramus will then be worth using alongside judex. Adoramus has a cooldown so it and gem cost, so it should do more damage compared to just spamming judex. I looked around a ton for potential gears to boost Adoramus/Judex or any skill changes or anything but we dont any of either of those things, yet! I feel like if those come out, the changes should be reverted.

P.S

This is what some of the crazy shadow gear in the future looks like. None of those silly 1-5% bonuses. /sick 

image.png

4 hours ago, Everade said:

It is now an AoE skill, thus it needs to be considered that testing on a single target won't come close to the results you might have been experiencing in the past.
The skill still has its purpose especialy in specific PvE situations.

I think the issue is that Judex is also AoE, and essentially fills the same role at a lower cost (no gemstone) while also not having a cooldown, therefore having greater potential than Adoramus even when you wear gears that sacrifice flexibility such as the Affection set to boost it.

May as well just wear 2 kiels and gigaspam Judex when its cheaper in every way and can outdo the long cooldown skills damage.